Thursday, April 16, 2009

Music .from photoheaven7

The more I think about the deep mysticism of music and what a powerful effect it has on our emotions, and even moves us to dance, a physical interpretation of the sounds we hear, goverened by rhythm. As a musician I can never stop thanking the creator for giving me these ears. Music for me is like breathing. In and out. I play flute by the way. As musicians we learn to listen and speak without words. An infinite language that has no real rules, like wind or rain. It is a natural language of the heart. That is why musicians from all over the world can communicate very deeply even after a few minutes to-gether and can have musical conversations that can last for hours.
Music is a healer, and by music I include rhythm. Rhythm without melody, has a deep
connection to the earth, nature, the balance of our daily lives. That is why I chose this video with Zakir Hussein. He is truely an enlightened angel of music. The way he cuts time in his rhythms is breathtaking, and you sometimes cannot even believe what you are hearing is real as he lifts us out into a new space.
Zakir even looks like an angel too!
I have never experienced listening to theis level of flute mastery before. What struck me about this live concert was that the piece is 1.5 hours long and after the time passes it feels like only 10 minutes. We are healed, educated, and enlightened by engaging with this music and when you go where it takes you it is so good and safe to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Cooliris cinematic web image and video viewer.

About Me

My photo
Musician, flute/vocals, Teacher, Music/English EFL. Digital photography, painter. Writer. Dancer. Philosopher. All of these are the base elements and focus of my 7 blogs. myspace.com/photoheaven7 and photoheaven7.com

Followers